Friday, July 31, 2009

First Scare, Hopefully Last

This little girl is very stubborn all ready. She is already late and not really showing any signs of coming out to visit. I suppose I will just try to enjoy this last week or so. Anyways, she is also a very , very, VERY active baby. She never stops moving and my belly is always doing the wave. Yesterday on the other hand she was not. I didn't think anything at first but then I started to get a little worried. I told Joe at about 7:30 she had not been moving throughout the day like she usually does and he got very worried. So we waited about an hour and she still was not active so I called the doc. She told me to go in and they'll check everything out.

So on our way to the hospital I was so scared. I was scared I was over reacting but more scared that something was wrong. We got in and they hooked me up to the monitors. As the time went by she started to move around more and more. Then my belly was jumping. I was so relieved along with Joe. I felt so good to know our baby girl was ok. We just looked at each other and smiled. Then we started laughing and told ourselves how stubborn our little girl is. At that time though we were excited she is just stubborn. I think she got mad they put the monitors on me. We interrupted her sleep. So they said everything was good and they sent us home.

All though they did ask about my contractions. I was having a lot during the monitor time and she wanted to know if I could feel them. I could but they were not painful, just uncomfortable, and they were not getting stronger. They said that stress can bring them on and I feel that is what it was because they faded off on our way home.

Now today she is back to her normal active self and I am enjoying every moment of it. In nine months we have had one scare. I hope hope hope that this is the only one. That was enough for us!

3 comments:

  1. I keep telling you August 3rd. Thats the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate to say it, that's not the last time she'll scare you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still in it too! August 2nd still sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete