Monday, January 5, 2009

First Dr. appointment

Today Joe and I went to our first appointment. It was a very long morning but worth it. We were in there for 4 hours. We got to the hear the heart beat. This was so exciting. The heartbeat was normal. It's at 170. We then had an altrasound. This went really good. We heard the heartbeat again and this time we watched it flutter on the screen. The baby is 4 cm. No tail and no webbed fingers anymore. It's tuning into a person yay! I think the baby felt disturbed because he started to wiggle around. That was a weird experience because I could watch the baby move inside me but I could't feel a thing. Soon enough right. I go back in four weeks for a check up and I have another altrasound March 16th. At that appointment we will check to make sure my placenta rises and find out if the baby is a boy or girl. I am 10 weeks and five days today. My do date is July 29th (Our anniversary). Good anniversary gift. Here are some pics.

See the little hands?

The baby loks like a thumb sucker!

It doesn't look big from this angle.

But, this is what I see.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard. It'll be fun to follow along with you. I can't wait to hear you report the first time you feel him/her move. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure that isn't Joe's beer belly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was so excited when i read you had started a blog.

    would you believe i never had an ultrasound? even more unbelievable is i don't have one picture of myself pregnant. how sad is that?

    i am looking forward to all of your exciting news!

    ReplyDelete